SUSTAINABLE IDEALISM: REALITIES OF FILMMAKING
In dialogue with Silke Schmickl
Don Aravind’s steady career exemplifies the endeavour of the working creative - consistently making films for over ten years with an unwavering cultivation of his creative streak. He straddles both film and television with a keen understanding of both mediums, finding a balance that fuels his versatile oeuvre. Don has established himself as a go-to television director with extensive output over different channels; his short films present the everyday - an en bloc debate, the struggles of family loss - and are universally relatable in its explorations.
With seasoned actor Andie Chen, whose career in the commercial and independent realms mirror Don’s, the two share candidly about the working realities of the film and television industries and the desire to sharpen themselves with each new artistic challenge.
SHORT FILM SCREENINGS
• Ren Shao (Thailand / 2012 / approx. 8min)
• Vote (Singapore / 2015 / 3min)
• Angel (Singapore / 2017 / 8 min / Rating: NC16 – Some Coarse Language)
• 27 June • The Pontianak Resides Within: Femininity As Monstrosity
Amanda Nell Eu (Malaysia)
In dialogue with Tania De Rozario
• 25 July • Special Edition – Asian Three-Fold Mirror: Reflections
Sharifah Amani (Malaysia)
In dialogue with Janice Koh
• A fully refundable fee of $5 is charged for each ticket booking.
• On the event, simply present the e-ticket at the Front-of-House desk. The refund will be processed electronically via Peatix. Otherwise, the ticket will be forfeited.
• Registration closes on 30 May 2018, 6pm. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date, no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund be done after the credit card cut-off date, Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
• Peatix accepts VISA, Master, Paypal and AMEX.
Enquiries: email@example.com / +65 6509 4749